PeCOD® Analyzer for Source & Treated Drinking Waters
The revolutionary PeCOD® Analyzer technology measures the chemical reactivity and associated oxidative changes in Natural Organic Matter (NOM). As a result it is more sensitive than TOC and UV254 to changing NOM concentrations. Traditional NOM surrogates (UV254, SUVA, TOC, DOC) may not be suitable for assessing NOM removal in all cases, as they are often calibrated or “tuned” to the specific site matrix. peCOD (photo-electrochemical Chemical Oxygen Demand) is independent of the matrix, therefore variations in NOM are clear and can be acted upon.
PeCOD® Analyzer Benefits
- Identify organic reactive changes that occur during treatment
- Optimize coagulation
- Can be combined with alkalinity to fully comply with US EPA guidelines (EPA 815-R-99-012, Section 2.3, Table 2-1)
- Increased sensitivity vs. TOC and UV254
- Laboratory, portable and online configurations use identical technology and method
- Low detection limit ( < 1 mg/L) with results generated in less than 10 minutes
Download the brochure here.